Mr. Derek Sumner – Grade 7-8 Principal
Mr. Todd Anthony – Grade 9-12 Principal
Shenango Area Jr/Sr High School
2550 Ellwood Road
New Castle PA, 16101
Shenango High School prides itself on a variety of rigorous academic course offerings that prepare students for continued studies and careers beyond their secondary education. We also strive for outstanding extracurricular activities that develop well-rounded students. Whether it is in the classroom, during musical performances, or on the playing field, students at Shenango High School have the opportunity to develop and showcase their talents and build the necessary skills to prepare themselves to be career and college ready.
Shenango High School utilizes an educational model to identify the needs of every student and provide the necessary tools to help them become academically successful. Shenango teachers and staff care about each individual student encourage personal growth and development. As a result of our educational approach, exceptional professional staff and school community, we have been recognized across the state for our continuous improvement and high student achievement.
A more detailed account of our recent school performance can be found on the Academic Achievement page under the District tab. In summary, a few of the recent accolades for the Jr/Sr High School include:
- Ranked as a “Best High School” with a Silver Award in 2013 and 2014 (US News and World Report)
- A score of 91 out of a 100 on the PA School Report Card
- Top Five Performing High School in Pennsylvania (Business Week)
- Most Improved High School in Pennsylvania
- One of 17 High Schools with a Perfect Score in State Graduation Requirements (Penn State University)
- Top Seven school in Pennsylvania for increased performance of Advanced Reading/Math scores
We believe that with our high expectations, skilled staff and partnership with the parents and community, Shenango High School is an outstanding place to learn and grow!