In accordance with the graduation requirements of the Shenango Area School District and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, all students will have an opportunity to pursue an area of interest and apply the skills that they have learned throughout their K-12 years of schooling. The senior project allows students to showcase their talents, abilities, and interests in a manner most fitting to their own learning styles and areas of strength.
The Shenango High School Senior Project ensures that upon graduation, each student will gain a better understanding of their civic responsibility to their community and to their local government, will have an opportunity to exercise their strengths and abilities in a unique way, and will deliver this information through a formal presentation.
The SHS Senior Project Full Packet 2020-2021 contains all forms and guidelines for students to follow in completion of the Senior Project.
Keep in Mind when Job Shadowing:
Remember that you must complete a Career Pathway Profile for each job shadowing experience.
(You must open as a Google Doc, Go to File, and Make a Copy in order to edit.)
If you are going to miss school/classes, please be sure to complete a Job Shadow/College Visitation Form and submit to the front office.
Through discussion with administration, it has been decided to extend the senior project deadlines for the Class of 2021.
Early Turn in Deadline for Portfolios: TUESDAY, MARCH 30th
Regular Turn in Deadline for Portfolios: THURSDAY, APRIL 15th
Please review the document titled: “Senior Project Final Checklist 2021
- Includes ALL items that should be included in student portfolios.
- Students may submit a binder/scrapbook OR scanned photos/documents compiled into one file for electronic submission.
- New Extended Deadlines are listed at the bottom of page.
- Portfolios should be submitted to advisors, who then should review in order to complete the Advisor Checklist (in the project packet).
The decision was also made to allow student to submit a video in place of the traditional exit interview. Students will be asked to create a short slide presentation and film a brief video addressing questions of their choosing from a listing.
Presentation Slides and Video Deadline: THURSDAY, APRIL 29th
Please also review the document titled: “Exit Interview Alternate 2021”
- Basically, 5 Google Slides (minimum) and a 5 to 7-minute video
- Outline of Video components and Interview Questions included
- Please use this: “Structuring your Senior Project Visual Aid” Guide to create and share your Google Slides.